Chateau de France Opens at SM Makati
Right after the Cooking Demo with Chef Cacho(see SM Supermarket launches Angus Beef for more details), we were introduced to a new bakery at SM Makati; Chateau de France.
Louis Thevenin, general manager of Chateau de France, also gave us a demo on how to make your own French sandwiches in less than a minute (provided you already have all the ingredients ready).
We learned a lot from the presentation Mr Louis did such as…
- Bread at Chateau de France gets baked all through out the day so there’s always a good chance that the bread that you just bought from them was baked just a few minutes ago.
- They use imported ingredients from France … although they would also use local ingredients such as smoked tangigue in their sandwiches.
- They have a cheese that remind me of Tom and Jerry!
- Their bread has bigger holes (which means quality). Something I can’t explain why because I always thought the opposite.
- They use authentic flour (not the processed ones) so … eating their bread won’t make you fat. That was also Mr Louis explanation on why French women stay slim.
But the highlight of the night would be these tiny little burger looking pastries called… macarons.
At PHP 40 a piece, they would be enough reason for me to keep coming back to Chateau de France.
In my hand, I hold a chocolate macaron. I have to say that their macarons is the best macarons I have ever tasted. The crust was so soft that my teeth would just sink into it and once you reach the filling, you will really taste the flavor. At PHP 40 a piece, you would experience bliss for a few seconds or up until you swallow.
Their macarons currently have the following flavors; Raspberry, Vanilla, Mango, Orange, Coconut, Fig, Lemon, Chocolate, Pistachio and Lime.
Thank you to Mr Jonel who invited me to this event as I now have discovered my go to place for macarons!
Disclosure: Chateau de France paid for our meal
Till next time,
Chateau de France
SM Makati Supermarket, EDSA
Ayala Center, Makati
More entries from the same Restaurant by Mall: SM Makati
More entries from the same Restaurant by Location: Makati
More entries from the same Cuisine: French